03 May 2017

MZ4 Coupe Visits Randy Forbes

Took my wife's M Coupe to Randy Forbes in Florida.  I had Randy perform the same services on her car as I had done on my S54.  This car had previous work on the VANOS unit, it had the updated sprocket bolts.  But, we are also the third owners of the car and I cannot speak for the full history of the car.

I had Randy replace the connecting rod bearings with new BMW ones with he latest part numbers, with an added coating applied by Randy himself.  In addition, I had Randy install the complete Beisan VANOS overhaul parts: oil pump disk, all new seals, and upgraded S62 sprocket hub diaphrams.  All of the sprocket sleeve bolts were replaced and Locktite’d in place.  The connecting rod bearings that came out of the car did have pretty significant wear for a car with this mileage.

As usual, Randy is a consummate professional and he did an outstanding, surgically-precise job on all the work.  Here are some of the ~500 pictures Randy took when doing the work.

















Correct BMW Drei Bond sealant

New motor mounts

Oil pump nut


No comments:

Post a Comment